Mascara Application Kit
A kit is described for the application of mascara comprising a bottle containing mascara, an applicator pad with bristles, a rod for supporting the pad and a cleaning and dosing scraper for the pad. The applicator pad is angled with respect to the rod.
Latest Intercos S.p.A. Patents:
- TRANSPARENT COLORED COSMETIC INGREDIENT FOR COSMETIC PRODUCTS, POSSIBLY CAPABLE OF AUTOMATICALLY CHANGING COLOR WHEN IRRADIATED BY ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT
- COSMETIC COMPOSITION WITH OPTIMIZED STARCH AND COSMETIC APPLICATIONS THEREOF
- COSMETIC PRODUCT CAKE WITH ECOLOGICAL SUPPORT AND MANUFACTURING PROCESS THEREOF
- ECOLOGICAL SUPPORT FOR COSMETIC PRODUCTS AND RELATED FORMATION PROCESS
- COSMETIC COMPOSITION BASED ON JANUS PARTICLES
The present invention concerns a mascara application kit.
Cylindrical bottles are known on the market for the application of mascara comprising a cap to which is secured an end rod with a substantially cylindrical pad or of similar shape, aligned with the rod. A further functional element of the bottle is a cylindrical narrow passage of the bottle at the mouth, called scraper, with a diameter substantially smaller than that occupied by the extended bristles.
By unscrewing the cap and pulling it, the rod connected to it, the pad and the relevant bristles full of mascara contained in the bottle pass through the scraper and are freed of excess mascara, which is thus dosed on the bristles.
The mascara application procedure then continues with real application on the lashes which, typically, are covered by the bristles with a rotary movement of the rod and pad, repeated several times to cover all the eyelashes.
This embodiment of the mascara applicator has a number of drawbacks. First of all, the lash application operation is laborious and not precise, except with a certain degree of manual skill, due to the repeated movements. Furthermore, the dosage of the mascara on the pad is not uniform because the scraper does not manage to cleanse the rod and the pad at the same time due to the different diameters and to the fact that the exit bottleneck, which makes up the scraper, is rigid and therefore cannot adapt to both diameters. The problem could be mitigated by making the diameter of the rod bigger than that of the pad without bristles, so the diameter of the rod tends to some extent to be identical to the diameter of the pad with the bristles bent to pass through the scraper. Nevertheless, because inter alia of the shape of the pad, which is normally tapered towards the end, the end itself in particular would not remove enough mascara and the dosage would not therefore be suitably distributed on the bristles. The scraper is in fact rigid and would not be able to re-close over the bristles and remove the excess mascara uniformly.
The object of the present invention is therefore to make an applicator for mascara without the aforementioned drawbacks.
In agreement with the invention, such object is achieved with the mascara application kit comprising a bottle containing the mascara, an applicator pad with bristles, a pad support rod and a cleaning and dosing scraper for the pad, characterised in that the applicator pad is angled with respect to the rod.
These and other characteristics of the present invention will be made clearer by the following detailed description of an example of practical embodiment, illustrated by way of a non-limitative example on the attached drawings, in which:
the figures from 4 to 7 show four phases of kit use.
With reference to the
Now with reference to the
To better understand the function of the lamellar slot 5, reference is now made to the figures from 4 to 7 showing the extraction sequence of the rod 4 from the bottle 2, with the pad 3 attached to it.
The kit 1, and in particular the cap 7 and the bottle 2, can be flat in shape, so as to make the grip of the kit 1 easier.
1. A kit for the application of mascara comprising a bottle containing mascara, an applicator pad with bristles, a rod for supporting the pad and at least one scraper for cleaning and dosing the pad, wherein the applicator pad is positioned angled with respect to the rod.
2. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein the pad is in a substantially perpendicular position with respect to the rod.
3. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein the scraper comprises a lamellar slot for the transit and cleaning of the rod and of the pad.
4. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein the scraper and the bottle are fastened by means of a clip coupling.
5. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein it includes a cap for closing the bottle and an under-cap integral with the rod, the under-cap and the cap being fastened by means of a clip coupling.
6. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 5, wherein the bottle and the cap have a clip coupling for closing and opening the bottle.
7. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 5, wherein the under-cap and the rod are in a single piece.
8. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein the rod and the pad are in a single piece.
9. The kit for the application of mascara as claimed in claim 1, wherein the kit has a flat shape.
Filed: Dec 8, 2008
Publication Date: Jun 25, 2009
Applicant: Intercos S.p.A. (Milano)
Inventor: Andrea Ferrari (Milano (MI))
Application Number: 12/329,922
International Classification: A46B 17/08 (20060101); A46B 11/00 (20060101); A45D 40/26 (20060101);