Multi-Purposed Pocket Square/Handkerchief Holding Device
An apparatus is provided for holding pocket squares/handkerchiefs using different folds and configurations. The device can also be used to hold currency, business cards, or other items that the user would like to track and store in their pockets. Ample space is provided on the device to display monograms, advertisements, or other decorative elements.
CROSS REFERENCE TO RELATED APPLICATION
This utility patent application claims priority to U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 61/654,857, filed Jun. 2, 2012, all of which is herein incorporated by reference.
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
1. Field of the Invention
The present application relates generally to handkerchief holding and displaying devices, and more specifically it relates to a pocket square/handkerchief holding device for holding a handkerchief or a pocket square in place, keeping the form of any fold of the handkerchief or pocket square, and displaying the folded pocket square/handkerchief in the outside breast pocket of a garment.
2. Description of Related Art
Handkerchief holding devices have been in use for years. Typically, clothing items, such as suit jackets and shirts, include a pocket (such as a breast pocket) in which a handkerchief may be received and displayed. Unfortunately, due to the movement or activity of the wearer, the handkerchief or pocket square does not always maintain its shape and height in the pocket as positioned. Over time, the handkerchief loses its shape and height and may no longer be visible or may have an unwanted configuration in the pocket. Different mechanisms have been employed to assist in presenting the handkerchief. For example, some handkerchiefs may be purchased already folded, with cardboard around the handkerchief, ensuring that part of the handkerchief is visible from the pocket. Other breast pockets have the appearance of a handkerchief or pocket square permanently stitched into the pocket, whereby the appearance is constant and unchangeable and also, the handkerchief is unusable as a wiping tool. Further, other handkerchief holders of the prior art are bulky or may have unwanted protrusions, which may be unflattering in the pocket or which may even damage the pocket or the pocket square/handkerchief.
There is a continuing need for a pocket square/handkerchief holding and displaying device that is free of unwanted protrusions and made out of a material so as not to damage the pocket, which allows fashionable designs to be placed thereupon, and which allows the user to use the handkerchief/pocket square as a wiping tool or other useful purposes germane to handkerchiefs. It is with respect to these considerations and others that various embodiments of the present invention have been made.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
This summary is provided to introduce a selection of concepts in a simplified form that are further described below in the Detailed Description. This summary is not intended to identify key features or essential features of the claimed subject matter, nor is it intended to be used to limit the scope of the claimed subject matter.
In view of the foregoing disadvantages inherent in the known types of pocket square/handkerchief holding and displaying devices now present in the prior art, the present invention provides a new pocket square/handkerchief holding and displaying device wherein the same can be utilized for efficiently and effectively positioning in different decorative configurations and securely retaining a pocket square/handkerchief or other like object within the breast pocket of an article of clothing, which is free of protrusions and made out of a material which will not damage the pocket or the pocket square/handkerchief. The present invention may also be used as a money clip for paper currency, while still retaining its usefulness as a pocket square/handkerchief holding and displaying system. Further, pockets may be disposed thereupon for holding other items, such as business cards.
Other apparatuses, systems and methods according to various embodiments will be or become apparent to one with skill in the art upon review of the following drawings and detailed description. It is intended that all such additional apparatuses, systems and methods be included within this description, be within the scope of the present invention, and be protected by the accompanying claims.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
As briefly described above, embodiments are directed to providing an apparatus for holding pocket squares/handkerchiefs, using a novel and non-obvious folding device, which incorporate materials so that the pocket squares/handkerchiefs will not lose their shape when placed in a jacket pocket and while the user is engaged in activities, whereby the pocket square/handkerchief might be impacted. In the following detailed description, references are made to the accompanying drawings that form a part hereof, and in which are shown by way of illustrations specific embodiments or examples. These embodiments may be combined, other embodiments may be utilized, and structural changes may be made without departing from the spirit or scope of the present invention. The following detailed description is therefore not to be taken in a limiting sense, and the scope of the present invention is defined by the appended claims and their equivalents. In all instances, the lengths and circumferences may be varied in the invention so as to accommodate usage parameters, environmental variances and comfort of the user of the device.
Various modifications of the invention, in addition to those described herein, will be apparent to those skilled in the art from the foregoing description. Such modifications are also intended to fall within the scope of the appending claims. Each reference cited in the present invention is incorporated by reference in its entirety. Although embodiments of the present invention have been shown and described, it will be readily apparent to those skilled in the art that modifications may be made thereto which do not exceed the scope of the appended claims. Therefore, the scope of the invention is only limited by the following claims.
Based on the foregoing, it should be appreciated that various embodiments, among others, are directed to providing a multi-purposed pocket square/handkerchief business card, paper currency holder. It will be apparent by those skilled in the art that various modifications or variations may be made in the present invention without departing from the scope or spirit of the invention. Other embodiments of the present invention will be apparent to those skilled in the art from consideration of the specification and practice of the invention disclosed herein.
1. An apparatus, comprising:
- a holder for receiving a pocket square/handkerchief, said holder comprising a plurality of panels;
- a securer the holder for securing the plurality of panels around the pocket square/handkerchief; and
- an opening on the holder through which a portion of the pocket square/handkerchief extends;
- wherein the holder fits in a pocket without contacting the edges of the pocket; and
- wherein the pocket square/handkerchief holds its shape and position in the holder.
2. The claim of claim 1, wherein the plurality of panels is two panels thereby forming a bi-fold.
3. The claim of claim 1, wherein the plurality of panels is three panels thereby forming a tri-fold.
4. The claim of claim 1, wherein the plurality of panels are connected on the side of the holder.
5. The claim of claim 1, wherein the plurality of panels are connected at the bottom of the holder.
6. The claim of claim 1, wherein the securer at least one magnet.
7. The claim of claim 6, wherein the securer further comprises at least one metal component for attachment by the magnet.
8. The claim of claim 1, wherein the holder is constructed of animal skin.
9. The claim of claim 8, wherein the animal skin is leather.
10. The claim of claim 8, wherein the animal skin is ostrich.
11. The claim of claim 8, wherein the animal skin is snake.
12. The claim of claim 8, wherein the animal skin is eel.
13. The claim of claim 1, wherein the shape or fold is a straight fold.
14. The claim of claim 1, wherein the shape or fold is a utopian puff.
15. The claim of claim 1, wherein the shape or fold is a flower puff.
16. The claim of claim 1, wherein the holder also receives paper currency.
17. The claim of claim 1, wherein said holder also receives business cards.
18. The claim of claim 1, wherein at least one of the plurality of panels contains some decorative insignia.
19. The claim of claim 18, wherein the decorative insignia is a monogram/initials.
20. The claim of claim 18, wherein the decorative insignia is an advertisement.
Filed: Jun 3, 2013
Publication Date: Apr 3, 2014
Inventor: Lukwon Tavalis McClellan (Nashville, TN)
Application Number: 13/908,659