Skirt and pants construction with interchangeable components
The present invention relates to a skirt and pants construction. More particularly the invention relates to a skirt or pants that may be changed in length, style, configuration, and or comes with interchangeable and reversible components.
In spirit there is prior art for the convertible pants, but they do not include reversible components, and or skirts coveralls or overalls that also change in length or design. Furthermore they do not include detachable waistbands and or attachable components that embellish the apparel or allow you to color coordinate.BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
Skirts and pants usually range in lengths. Skirts and pants are worn for fashion and for comfort. Sometimes people buy the same type of skirt or pants with different colors and designs on them or in different lengths. With my invention you can change the features and lengths on the skirt and pants foundation which gives the illusion of a complete different skirt or pants. You can buy one skirt or pants and convert it into different styles and lengths with interchangeable components. This feature saves the consumer a lot of money and creates an abundance of versatility. The appearance of the skirt or pants may also be altered by attaching embellishments in the allotted spaces or changing components. My invention also includes attachable sections for the sleeve areas and leg areas that add length. Because children usually grow in height before they grow in girth my invention will be very useful.
In view of the fact that the prior art is silent on a skirt and pants construction that breaks up into different components and or sections that are reversible and creates different style skirts, overalls, coveralls or pants. To achieve this and other readily apparent objectives, the present invention essentially discloses a skirt and pants construction for enabling a user or wearer to selectively attach a component for improving function and or appearance of the skirt and pants construction. The skirt and pants construction according to the present invention comprises a skirt or pants foundation member and at least one attachable or detachable component.
Depending on different configurations, the attachable components may vary in shape and size. The zipper portions will have an inner skirt that allows for a smooth operation of the zipper slide and pull half portion attached to the lower peripheral edge of the inner skirt, as it engages with a reciprocating zipper post half portion, attached to a top edge or bottom edge or top or bottom region of an attachable section or skirt or pants foundation.
Attachable components may employ other fastening means, such as snaps, mechanical traditional snaps, buttons, Velcro® Hook and Loop, buckles, linear zippers, linear dual post zippers, and curved zippers.
The fastening devices may not be concealed. Further, it is noted that such non-concealed fasteners can be attached by being sewn in, glued and punch pressed and by any other means conventionally known to those skilled in the art.
If the demarcation between the foundation pants or skirt or attachable component is of a curved nature with no sharp corners, a curved zipper such as in U.S. Pat. No. 6,224,484 of Farrell, can optionally be used for attachment. These can be single post on the component if it is not reversible. Notably, the attachable components may be reversible if the design lends itself to the invention. In this case, it can use a dual post zipper for the reversible component. The curved zipper can be outwardly visible, or it can be covered by an outer flap of any geometric configuration or attached inner skirt.
In a further embodiment, the outer attachable component that serves as a trim on the pants or skirt is attached to an inner surface of another component located inside the foundation pants or skirt or attachable component adjacent to its edge. This is facilitated by flaps attached to the open edge of the foundation in which the flaps are pulled upward over the foundation pants or skirt edge engaging its inner surface.
A zipper may be sewed into or around the exterior of a foundation skirt or pants allowing for an attachable component serving as an embellishment.
A component used to trim or embellish a foundation may be made as thin as ¼ inch in width attaching at the peripheral edge of a foundation or an attachable component.
So that the manner in which the above recited features of the invention are attained and can be understood in detail, a more particular description of the invention, briefly summarized above, may be had by reference to the embodiments thereof, which are illustrated in the appended drawings.
It is to be noted, however, that the appended drawings illustrate only typical embodiments of this invention and are therefore not to be considered limiting of its scope, for the invention may admit to other equally effective embodiments.
To facilitate understanding, identical reference numerals have been used, wherever possible, to designate identical elements that are common to the figures.
It will now be noted that all of the embodiments may be made of any material that lends itself to the invention such as denim, chiffon, cotton, lace, wool, cashmere, polyester, nylon, leather, suede, terry cloth, silk, rayon, velour, spandex, denim, synthetic fibers, knit, waterproof materials, embroidered materials, embossed, materials, stretchy fabrics, satin, patent leather, velvet, PVC, wool, polyester, snake skin, alligator skin, ostrich skin, crocodile skin, pony hair, all furs, goatskin, lambskin, flannel, vinyl, beaded fabric, corduroy, faux leather, pebbled leather, faux skins, monogrammed suede embossed, canvas, plastic coated canvas, silk, quilted materials, goose down insulations, woven materials, studded fabrics, sequence fabrics. It is also noted that the foundation may be of any length skirt, pants, overalls or coveralls. It is also noted that detachable liners for the skirt or pants foundations may be incorporated into the design. The liners may be made of silk, satin, cashmere or any other material that lends itself to the invention.
It is also noted that the skirt and pants foundation is fully functional by itself. The attachable components may be symmetrical or asymmetrical. Dual post curved zippers are optional for reversible components. All of the components may or may not be constructed to be reversible.
While the drawings do not illustrate various examples of flaps or depressions within the skirt or pants foundation for attachable members, it is noted that trapezoidal curved or straight flaps covering the connection between the attachable sections which may or may not be reversible which without any attachable component is fully functional by itself.
Where a permanently affixed outer flap is provided over a zipper, such as a dual post zipper for reversible and or interchangeable components such as a regular zipper for non-reversible interchangeable attachable component, then in such case, the flap itself may be further pulled down to expose an inner skirt having a connection interface at an outer distal end region or edge, to allow better manual access therein and allow for the use of horizontal zippers in instances where the demarcation edge of flaps is other than a horizontal shape (i.e. trapezoid, curve, zigzag, wavy, angular, etc.)
It is believed that the advantages of this invention will be apparent to those skilled in the art. It will also be apparent that a number of variations and modifications may be made therein without departing from its spirit and scope. Accordingly the foregoing description is to be construed as illustrative only, rather than limiting. This invention is limited only by the scope of the following claims.
I. This is claim 1. A skirt and pants construction and system, comprising: a foundation skirt or pants having a surface that encompasses the hip and derriere region; wherein said foundation may connect to at least one attachable component by at least one edge and further the foundation may have a removable liner with a common connection interface and or allotted areas for embellishments that have fastening means within them. I also claim an attachable member that attaches via zipper fastening means that serves as a lengthener or an embellishment for any skirt or pants foundation that attaches around the perimeter or any edge that has a zipper fastening means on it, on the skirt or pants foundation or on allotted sections as in claim 1 and that they may be sold separately.
II. This is claim 2. I claim a pants, overall or coverall construction with an allotted section at the knee region that allows for attachable knee pads. The said also having detachable sections that allow for versatility in length.
III. This is claim 3. I claim a skirt, pants, overall or coverall construction having an allotted space that runs vertically or horizontally on the arm sleeve or leg sleeve regions with zipper features within it for attachable components.
1. I claim a skirt or pants foundation that doesn't increase in length but that allows for changeable components and has utility by itself.
2. Wherein, as part of claim 1, 2 and 3 where attachable sections may serve as increasing the length or changing the style of the skirt or pants foundation, changing waist bands, pockets, the trim and or features to embellish or color coordinate the skirt and pants.
3. Wherein as part of claim 1, 2 and 3. I claim an attachable component that may be used as a knee pad or an embellishment of different colors, textures including rubber or designed with different themes.
4. As part of claim 1, 2 or 3 an attachable component where a zipper is ideal although it may be made of any type of fastening means such as snaps mechanical traditional snaps, buttons, hook and loop, buckles, linear zippers, eyelets and lace-up structures.
5. A skirt, pants, overall and coverall construction and system as in claim 1, 2 and 3 having at least one attachable upper component or lower component with an engageable portion for said fastener and with additional sections that allow a child to grow into their pants.
6. A skirt, pants, overall and coverall system as in claim 1, 2 and 3 where user friendly fasteners are selected from the group compromising snaps, buttons, studs, curved zippers, linear zippers, linear dual post zippers and Velcro.
7. Wherein as claim 1, 2 and 3 A skirt or pants system where the foundations may, be overalls or coveralls.
8. A skirt and pants system as in claim 1, 2 or 3 wherein a said array comprises an extended arranged plurality of fasteners, said array preferably being comprised of at lease 2 such groups of apertures in combination with apertures and related connections engaging a foundation skirt or pants and an interchangeable component.
9. Wherein said connection interface is a zipper or a dual post zipper in reference to claim 1, 2 and 3.
10. A skirt or pants system as in claim 1, 2 and 3 where the skirt or pants foundation, attachable upper components and lower components may be made of studs, felt, rubber, wool, silk, chiffon, lace, nylon, canvas, organic materials, weather proof materials, cotton, polyester, angora, crocheted fabrics, linen, felt, sweat wicking fabric, acrylic, knitted fabrics, denim, satin, silk, lace, velvet, velour, rhinestones, jewels, sequence, leather, suede, canvas, beads or any other materials that lend themselves to the invention.
11. Wherein as claim 1, 2 and 3. I claim that the sleeve members and the skirt and pants foundations may have allotted vertical, horizontal or any shape spaces within a depression that allow for attachable components that serve as embellishments or that allow you to color coordinate.
12. We claim that the attachable members from claim 1, 2 and 3 such as upper components, lower components, and embellishments may be sold separately.
13. Wherein as claim 1, 2 and 3 we claim that the attachable members of one skirt or pants foundation may fit another skirt or pants foundation creating more versatility so long as the sizes are compatible.
14. Wherein as claim 1, 2 and 3. I claim that the sleeve and lower regions of the foundations may detach completely or break up into sections on all of the skirts and pants, or coveralls.
15. I claim that the attachable components may vary in size and may be open ended or may not have any open ends (joined circumferentially).
16. I claim that the skirt or pants foundation of claim 1, 2 and 3 may be of any length.
17. I claim that a skirt or pants system may be sold with at least one upper or lower component up to an unlimited number, thus creating a skirt, dress, pants, overalls, or coveralls of different lengths or styles.
Filed: Feb 9, 2009
Publication Date: Aug 12, 2010
Inventor: Sandra D. Garza (West Chicago, IL)
Application Number: 12/322,964