Substrates which have been provided with an oil-, water- and soil-repellant treatment and fluorine-containing compositions for this purpose
Latest Bayer Aktiengesellschaft Patents:
- HETEROCYCLYL PYRIDINES AS NOVEL FUNGICIDES
- HETEROCYCLYL PYRIMIDINES AND TRIAZINES AS NOVEL FUNGICIDES
- USE OF N-PHENYLACETAMIDES HAVING P2X4 RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTIC ACTIVITY FOR TREATING CERTIAN OCULAR DISORDERS
- SUBSTITUTED N-PHENYLACETAMIDES HAVING P2X4 RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTIC ACTIVITY
- COMPOSITION FOR CONTROLLING SUGAR BEET CERCOSPORA LEAF SPOT DISEASE
1. Substrates from the group consisting of naturally occurring and synthetic textiles and their mixtures, leather, mineral substances, thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers and paper, which have been made oil-, water- and soil-repellant by application thereto of fluorine-containing compositions comprising components A and B wherein component A comprises, by total weight of A:
- a) 40 to 85% by weight of (meth)acrylates containing perfluoroalkyl groups, of the formula
- b) 1 to 45% by weight of one or more monomers from the group consisting of styrene, acrylonitrile, vinyl acetate, vinyl propionate and monomers of the formula
- c) 4 to 30% by weight of monomers of the formula ##STR6## and d) 1 to 15% by weight of ionic or ionizable monomers which either contain an amine or a carboxyl function, of the formula
- n represents a number from 4 to 20, or a mixture of two or more of these numbers,
- X represents --(--CH.sub.2 --)m--, --SO.sub.2 --NR.sup.2 --CH.sub.2 --CHR.sup.3 --or --O--(--CH.sub.2 --)m--), wherein m denotes a number from 1 to 4,
- R.sup.1, R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.6, R.sup.7, R.sup.11 and R.sup.13 independently of one another represent hydrogen or methyl,
- R.sup.2, R.sup.9, R.sup.10 and R.sup.12 independently of one another denote C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl,
- R.sup.5 represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.22 -alkyl,
- R.sup.8 denotes hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.8 -alkyl,
- p represents a number from 1 to 50, or represents a mixture of two or more of these numbers,
- Y.sup..crclbar. represents one equivalent of a mono- to trivalent anion and
- Z.sup..sym. denotes the proton H.sym. or one equivalent of a monovalent cation;
- and component B is a fluorine-free poly(meth)acrylate of one or more comonomers of the formula
- R.sup.14 denotes hydrogen or methyl and
- R.sup.15 represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.22 -alkyl,
- it being possible for 0 to 20% by weight of the comonomer of the formula (VI) to be replaced by one or more comonomers from the group consisting of vinyl acetate, styrene, acrylonitrile, hydroxyethyl (meth)acrylate, hydroxypropyl (meth)acrylate, glycidyl (meth)acrylate, (meth)acrylamide, N-methylol-(meth)acrylamide and N-methoxymethylol(meth)acrylamide, and the weight ratio of component A to component B is in the range of from 1:25 to 10:1,
- said fluorine-containing compositions being applied to said substrates in an amount of 10 to 10,000 ppm, calculated as fluorine and based on the total weight of the substrate.
2. The substrates of claim 1 from the group consisting of naturally occurring and synthetic home textiles and their mixtures.
3. The substrates of claim 1, provided with fluorine-containing compositions, wherein the index n represesents a number from 6 to 16 or a mixture of two or more of these numbers.
4. The substrates of claim 1, provided with fluorine-containing compositions, wherein, within the meaning of X, the index m denotes the number 2.
5. The substrates of claim 1, provided with fluorine-containing compositions wherein the components A and B are in the range from 1:10 to 5:1.
6. The substrates of claim 1, wherein R.sup.5 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 - alkyl, hexyl, octyl, stearyl or behenyl.
7. The substrates of claim 1, wherein R.sup.7 is hydrogen.
8. The substrates of claim 1, wherein the index p denotes a number from 3 to 25 or a mixture of two or more of these numbers.
9. The substrates of claim 1, wherein R.sup.9 and R.sup.10 denote methyl.
10. The substrates of claim 1, wherein, in the case that the comonomers (IV a, b, c) are employed,
- Y.sup..crclbar. represents chloride, acetate, 1/2 sulphate, 1/3 phosphate or C.sub.1 -C.sub.12 -aryl- or alkylsulphonate.
11. The substrates of claim 1, wherein Y.sup..crclbar. represents chloride, acetate or 1/3 phosphate.
12. The substrates of claim 1, wherein comonomers d) which are present in component A are one or more of the formula (IVa), (IVb) or (IVc).
13. The substrates of claim 1, wherein poly(meth)acrylates of the formula
- R.sup.14 is hydrogen or methyl and
- R.sup.16 is C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl,
|3916053||October 1975||Sherman et al.|
|4043964||August 23, 1977||Sherman et al.|
|4340749||July 20, 1982||Patel|
|4351736||September 28, 1982||Steinberger et al.|
|4781844||November 1, 1988||Kortmann et al.|
|4997893||March 5, 1991||Suling et al.|
|5247008||September 21, 1993||Michels et al.|
|5387640||February 7, 1995||Michels et al.|
- Chemical Abstracts, abstract No. 22867y, p. 2198, abstract of FR 1,459,519, (1967).
Filed: Nov 17, 1995
Date of Patent: May 19, 1998
Assignee: Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen)
Inventors: Gisbert Michels (Koln), Hans-Albert Ehlert (Leverkusen), Uwe Zweering (Dusseldorf)
Primary Examiner: James J. Bell
Law Firm: Sprung Kramer Schaefer & Briscoe
Application Number: 8/560,417